Sunday, November 4, 2007

Family, Fall & Friends!

Hey All,

We are having so much fun with family! The weather is just perfect and there's no place like the Ozark mountains during the fall! Lindsey and her sister, Lori and her mom went to a pumpkin patch last monday and enjoyed the fall colors, hay rides, slides and picknicking! :)

Halloween

Anna got to dress up for her first Halloween and thoroughly . . . freaked out! Her cousins all coordinated costumes as Star Wars characters and were adorable! Check out the Princess Lea's cinnamon bun hair/wig on little Ayla! Our thought was that Anna would pick it up really quick; it's just like Easter, right? Hold a basket and put candy in it. Not so simple. At the sight of her cousin, Caleb, dressed up as Darth Vader the night was over. Anna didn't leave our shoulder the rest of the night! We tried going out side but then a small child dressed up as the Ginger Bread Man from Shrek with a huge bouncing head as he ran towards us totally sealed the deal: Anna hates Halloween. Not even the idea of 'snacks' offered from every house directly to her could cheer her up. She looked awfully cute, though! :) We're not sure if she was a leoppard or a puppie - but either way, she stole the show! ;)






Sweet, Sweet Friends!

Yesterday, I (Lindsey) got to spend the day with some sweet friends of mine that date back to my college days! We couldn't believe that we've been friends for nearly 10 years now! And we've gone from extremely mature (yeah, right!) college freshman to mature adults (again, yeah right!) with 5 kids and 3 pregnancies b/n the 6 of us! We traipsed around our old college town - actually dared to go in our old college dorm (Kate, you were incredibly brave!) and just loved talking (rather loudly!) and sharing/listening about each others' lives. Thank God for sweet friends!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Not fair. . .you live in ASIA and got to see Abe before us!!! He's a cutie though, huh?!

Your little one looked adorable! Hey, at least the pictures turned out great!

Brandi

Micaiah said...

It's been a long time since I've looked forward to something as much as I did this past weekend! I had SO much fun getting to see you and I love it that, even though our lives are totally different, I feel like we didn't miss a beat. Best of all, I'm so excited to be pregs at the same time!!!!! Love you!