not just any birthday party; a PRINCESS birthday party. Anna, of
course, she had a ball! We also, picked up a rather interesting
birthday gift for the birthday girl. Anna fell in love with a little
bunny rabbit they were selling at the market when we dropped in . . .
and although we're not ready for a pet, we thought the birthday girl
might be. The moment was comical and precious. I felt really nervous
after we bought it especially since we didn't ask the parents
permission . . . so I whispered to the girl's dad before she opened
it, "I'm really sorry about our gift. You're about to learn a lot
about my husband's sense of humor." He smiled and said "Oh, no
worries; as long as it's not like an animal or anything."
Uh-oh.
I said, "ummm . . . . well it might just be something like that." His
eyes got a little big, and then the bunny rabbit was opened and the
little birthday girl (the one in pink) started squealing "I got a
bunny! Is it real?! Daddy, I have a pet now! I got a bunny rabbit!"
I think the Dad forgave us, especially when the little girl explained
to her mom over the phone "Mom, I got a bunny rabbit! No! A real one!
And I named it "Love."
Joseph got a good laugh too; especially when the dad called us and
asked us to babysit the rabbit while the family is on vacation for the
next two weeks. :) I knew we were ready for a pet!




1 comment:
Ummm....doesn't Joseph know about PAYBACKS?!?!
I don't think I could have passed up that adorable bunny. And what a fun gift for a little girl!
Post a Comment