I spent the weekend with sweet friends from a previous island we lived on who just had a baby (nearly 11 years after their their last child . . . and it was a planned pregnancy!) Y is a sweet friend who I love having a conversation with, whether it be about kids, marriage, religion, cooking, teaching, personal dreams . . . she is a constant reminder that I am not so different from those around me.
Enter also, our dear family friend J. She loves on our family in some of the most sweet practical ways: helping watch my kids so I can pack, cleaning our floors because she knows I hate to do it, making my husband coffee just the way he likes it. She touched my heart deeply the other day as she teared up talking about us moving so far away and longing to help us move. And my girls love her! When Anna knows she's coming over, she's sure she's the primary reason. And today, when she came over, my clingy separation-anxiety little Emily reached out her arms to her, immediately walked over to her, allowed herself to be picked up and laid her head on her shoulders. The two happily played the rest of the afternoon.
I love this sweet lady!





No comments:
Post a Comment