Monday, July 23, 2007

Funny Story


The other day a friend dropped in to visit with me, and her 12 year old daughter, Dila, asked to use our bathroom. I pointed her to the correct room, and when she came out she was wide eyed and whispered to her mom, “mom, they have a book in their bathroom!” I was kinda embarrassed at first and was just like “yeah, yeah.” But the more I thought about it, the funnier it became because I realized just how odd it would be for a family here – living in a world of squatty potties (which, we, thankfully don’t have) – placing a book in their bathroom. Who could actually enjoy reading in a bathroom in a place where you have to squat and hold your balance?!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Funny observation. Linds...I have to tell you--I'm only in my 23rd week, and squatting is requiring a LOT more effort than it used to! What am I gonna do in the fall when I'm as big as a whale? I'll let you know how it works out...