Emily has had a fever the last few days and she was so miserable yesterday that I prompted Anna to join me in singing to her in hopes of soothing her a bit. Well it worked and Emily immediately began to calm down. We sang 3 more songs and I thought that was enough so I stopped and began to do something else. Without skipping a beat, Anna said "And pray for her too, Mommy?" My heart just melted and I said "Yes, Anna, of course we'll pray for her too. Why don't you pray for Emily?" And she said the sweetest prayer I think I've ever heard, and her very first one as well: "Dear God . . . thank you . . . Emily sick . . . Amen." She started the prayer as she hears her Daddy and I begin prayers every day and then she simply stated to God what was wrong ("Emily sick") and followed by an Amen, that was enough for God to know what was wrong and to fix it. Precious.
The very next day I walked into Anna playing with Emily again (Emily still has a fever) and Anna proclaiming to me "Mommy! Emily's all better! I sing and pray! Emily's all better! I sing and pray! She's all better!" Ahh, the faith of a child! I love it. God, may I have such faith as that!
2 comments:
It's great to see your blog. Isn't it wonderful when you see your children trusting in the Lord?!
Beautiful banner picture, too.
So sweet! You guys are such great parents...she's just following you as you follow Him.
Post a Comment