We've been back now for 2, nearly 3 weeks, and there are things about SE Asia, I'd just forgotten. Like the hum of a mosquito right by your ear, or the feel of an ant walking on your skin somewhere. The scouting of the floor before you go into the bathroom to make sure there are no roaches. the little lizards that scurry around your floor when you walk in a room. And there are also the really wonderful things that I'd forgotten about too. The smile of a woman who lights up when you start speaking to her in her own language and you're holding a baby just like her. The sounds of the wave crashing against the beach. The delight of telling a person about the One whom you love most in the world and His name being lifted up. The time to just be a family without scurrying from place to place or jumping on one airplane after another. It feels good to be home. And I always miss my other home. And I'm longing for my real Home. Lindsey and the girls on their way to the market. Emily is being held in the traditional baby-sling used by ladies here.
Anna holding Amie, her cabbage patch doll, just like Mommy holds Emily!
Back to Rainy Season! Lindsey and Anna play in some of the season's last rain fall!

No comments:
Post a Comment