(1) I made Anna a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, got her set up at the table and then realized she didn't have a drink. I started walking to the kitchen and said to her, "Hold on, Anna, I'll go make you some milk." Immediately after I said that, I had the thought That is a phrase I would never say in America. Who goes to make milk?? But here, totally normal. We don't have fresh milk available to us, so we use powdered. But it just struck me as quite the odd phrase had it been uttered anywhere else other than here.
(2) I often wake up Emily from her morning nap so that she'll take an afternoon nap at the same time as Anna's afternoon nap. My entire afternoon plan depends on this! :) So, I often send Anna up (because she loves it) to wake up Emily and than I follow up. This also gives me a few minutes to myself as they play together. Well, today, I followed Anna up because I was struck with the thought How does she wake Emily up? So I followed behind her and watched with a mixture of horror and uncontrollable laughter as Anna gripped the sides of Emily's pack 'n' play (with a perfectly contented sleeping Emily inside) and began to shake it as fast as she could back and forth. She shouted "WAKE UP EMILY!" No movement. Spastic shaking of the pack 'n' play again for a few seconds until a lazy Emily stretches, opens her eyes, and laughs at her sister. Anna looked at me with the proud smile of a child whose just done something she's tremendously proud of, and she said "Emily's awake, Mommy."
I couldn't stop laughing!
3 comments:
That is hilarious! I wish you could have videoed that.
i am laughing out loud too!!! i love that!
LOVE IT!! I can't wait for Em to be a big sister :)
Post a Comment