Hey all,
With all the traveling we did last week, we were able to take a few days on the back end and spend time as a family while thinking and praying through some things. It's funny what you enjoy when you don't have all the daily little comforts of America. I simply fell in love with the great bed at our hotel and took as many hot showers as I could every day! Joseph couldn't get enough of sports given the satelite TV in our room. One night he stayed up 'till 3am just to watch the opening match of hte Rugby World Cup. The food was great! I think I actually might have OD-ed on bread! We also really enjoyed doing some shopping for family and friends who we will see in just a little over 4 weeks! (Todd & Bekah, my favorite is what we had made for your wedding. We think you'll love it!). I also got to spend time with our previous helper, Nur, who I haven't seen in a few months. She has become a sweet friend!
With all the traveling we did last week, we were able to take a few days on the back end and spend time as a family while thinking and praying through some things. It's funny what you enjoy when you don't have all the daily little comforts of America. I simply fell in love with the great bed at our hotel and took as many hot showers as I could every day! Joseph couldn't get enough of sports given the satelite TV in our room. One night he stayed up 'till 3am just to watch the opening match of hte Rugby World Cup. The food was great! I think I actually might have OD-ed on bread! We also really enjoyed doing some shopping for family and friends who we will see in just a little over 4 weeks! (Todd & Bekah, my favorite is what we had made for your wedding. We think you'll love it!). I also got to spend time with our previous helper, Nur, who I haven't seen in a few months. She has become a sweet friend!
I knew I was home when the day after we got back, I woke up, opened my eyes and there right above my head (luckily on the outside of our mosquito net!) was a pretty good size roach! I was about the bravest I ever have been as I got the the fly swatter and the Baygon out to kill him.
Lindsey 1. Roach 0.
3 comments:
Hey sweet kids,
Glad you're back home safely. THANKS for these current pics - great family shot and precious face pictures of Anna. Just can't wait to touch those faces. Love you, Karen/Mom
Dear Sis,
You have my respect more than anything concerning giving up all your American comforts! Love you so much and looking forward to sitting and watching a football game with you on a Sunday, eating Mexican, and heading to Silver Dollar City! Miss you!
Silver Dollar City?!?!!? I am so jealous. Of course I am jealous that your family gets to see you also :-) I am amazed every day by you and your faith. I cannot wait to meet my second cousin :-) She is so beautiful. Reunion maybe?? I, unfortunately do not have any pics from when we were with Lana. Brought my camera and then completely forgot to use it. I love you like crazy. You are in our prayers every day.
Post a Comment