We recently had to make a 24 hour trip to Singapore to change our visa and despite us not really looking forward to it, we really enjoyed our day there. I know, I know, I'm hearing all our friends' voices saying "Oh, you poor things . . . you HAD to go to Singapore!" But in the midst of a crazy move and mid-pregnancy, it was a crazy whirl-wind of a trip. Anyway, we enjoyed our day in the Big City and totally felt like the country mouse who makes his way to the big city. Very different from where we live every day!
You can also tell you've finally hit that phase in your life when you've accepted the 'parent phase' you're in when you go to a major tourist spot like Singapore and you spend all morning in the Children's Mall walking in and out of toy stores, riding the carousel, and spend at least an hour or more in the giant Toys R Us that's there! :)
Anna had a ball, and we bought her like the 3rd toy we've EVER bought her: her very own camera. She loves it and was taking pictures all day. I think I wake up at night hearing the little computer voice saying "Smile" over and over. Anna has also discovered her one true love: airplanes. This little girl has been on more airplanes and has more stamps in her passport than most adults I know. She loves the big open space in airports and loves looking at all the airplanes out the windows.
No comments:
Post a Comment