With us looking at moving in a few days, our home owners have been showing our house to new prospective renters. A group showed up unexpectedly yesterday while I was right in the middle of cooking dinner. I had pots and pans everywhere and was chopping tomatoes. The family apologized for disturbing me, I said "Oh, not a problem," and then they began to look at the house. They went in all the rooms and then came to the kitchen, walked right past me and all the bubbling pans and the vegetables being chopped, opened the door to the tiny mosquito infested storage area in the back of our house that's outside and covered and said, "Oh, here's the kitchen."
Joseph and I just laughed. We are the first to recognize that culture is a crazy thing and things are done so differently at times than what we're used to . . . but sometimes, it still surprises us.
2 comments:
funny stories guys! it sometimes feels like we spend the majority of our time at home in the kitchen. and well, i can't stand the cat to even get on our bed, much less sleep in it! so no kids in the bed is the only option that i am aware of.
Um yeah, we don't even have a bun in the oven yet, and he's already had a "talk" with me about how there will be no bed-sharing with the kids.
Your outdoor kitchen sounds lovely :) Wonder what the new people will do with the real kitchen?
Post a Comment