We are currently enjoying our first real vacation since moving to SE Asia nearly two years ago. Anna was with us the first two nights and than friends here have given us the gift of being a couple for the last four days, and we have enjoyed a second honeymoon of sorts. The place where we are staying is simply amazing and we have both been awestruck at the beauty of God's creation -- it has brought up many conversations of just how amazing the new Heaven and Earth will be! We've also been reminded that the beauty of this world, if it turns our eyes to Jesus and to the absolute delight of who He is, is creation fulfilling it's purpose: it glorifies the Creator!





Two peas in a pod!

A famous temple within walking distance of our hotel

One quick story, b/c I just love my husband and because I haven't laughed this hard since in a long time! Joseph and I, in the 4 days we had by ourselves, got to share our resort with a very large Indian party who had flown in for a destination wedding. The wedding festivities blew us away and reminded us of the movie "Monsoon Wedding" (see it if you haven't!) and on the night of the wedding we were in our room watching a movie when fireworks started going off. We jumped off the bed to go take a look and I looked at Joseph who was wearing just his boxers, and said "Don't you want to put some shorts on?" He said, "Ahh, everyone's at the wedding, we'll just look out from the balcony right by our front door." I said "Ok" and as we went outside, Joseph first and me following, I didn't think to catch the door. And Joseph yelled "Don't close the door!" Too late. Slam. Those hotel doors are heavy! And there we stood. Locked out of our room and Joseph just standing there in his boxers. We just started laughing -- me especially hard and I went to find someone to let us back in -- both of us, full well, knowing that there would be no way for Joseph to blend into the wall and disappear when the bell boy showed up with our key. I went in search of someone and the first person I found was a lady who worked at the hotel and explaining the situation (minus the half-dressed husband part) she happily agreed to help me. I debated the whole way back to the room if I should explain my husband's attire, or lack there-of, and couldn't do it without laughing too hard. So, we turned the corner to our room and there's Joseph with his back turned, wearing just his boxers, and she without a blink simply says "Good evening sir." Joseph turned around and with just as much dignity and seriousness says "Good evening." I could barely stifle the laugh in my throat and as soon as she left Joseph and I nearly snorted with all the laughter we'd been holding in our throats. We laughed a good long time!

7 comments:
nice to see some updates people. pics are great! videos even better. my fav is Anna with her arms stretched out. his creation is awesome! you'uns be good.
p.s. is the pool at your house?
nathan
Um, I mean, really, what a vacation.
I cried laughing at this post.I love y'all.
Amber
Hilarious!!!! That's one that I'm sure will be told over and over again :) I'm so glad you guys were able to get away for some rejuvenation time... Love you - Renae
Oh Joseph! That is just too funny. Seriously awesome.
So glad ya'll were able to have some time to yourself, and at such a bee-utiful place!
I love Anna's face as she grabs that statue's teeth.
goodness me, what a beautiful place. glad you are enjoying a some time away. that story is hilarious by the way.
that was hilarious, I laughed so hard!
bwahhahha...I can hear Joseph saying it!
pregh
Post a Comment