Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kuala Lumpur


As a family, we had to travel to Malaysia to apply for a new visa.  Although traveling has become just a LITTLE more stressful now with two little munchkins, Joseph and I still jump at the chance to travel to a country we haven't been to yet! I'd never been to Kuala Lumpur and Joseph had several years ago with a Fellowship group. Incredible city! We kept looking at each other and saying "Does this city really exist?" Even though we live in a very touristy area of our country, our city didn't hold a candle in regards to size, cleanliness, and just the over all feeling of being developed! We felt like little village dwellers headed into the big city. We had a blast for nearly a week! I loved seeing the Petronas Towers, the Asian Twin Towers, and added it to my list of architectural wonders I've seen: the Great Wall of China, Statue of Liberty -- does the Arch in St. Louis count? :) Next, the Eiffel Tower!
Waiting for the Subway. Anna LOVED riding "the train."

Traveling in style

We were constantly on the go for the few days we were there and little Emily held up great, but she was pretty exhausted by the end of each day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That building is amazing! And I love your scarf in the last picture too. So stylin.