I grabbed a "Fish Spa Therapy" brochure on the way out. It had this to say about the little fishies: Let these little 'masseurs' nibble away your dead skin and pamper your feet to a pleasant sensation and relaxation of 'micro massage,' follow by a tingling sensation. Your feet will emerge with baby-smooth skin and make your pore unobstructed to promote blood cireulation of the skin.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
A day at the Spa
I used to be a lot braver. A friend in KL finally convinced me to try an Asian Spa 'delicacy' that has its very own unique way of pampering its customers. These fish spas are growing in popularity in Asia and are supposedly a renowned ancient 'treat.' Here's what you do. Take off your shoes. Rinse your feet. Insert feet into small shallow pools of water. Relax. Doesn't sound too bad, huh? Oh yeah, add the small, tiny, unimportant detail that the water is filled with flesh-eating fish! These little fish -- for some very strange reason -- like to feast on dead, dry, skin and their mouths aren't big enough to do any damage, but they go to town on all the callouses, dry spots and rough patches on your feet!! Ahhh! It is the strangest feeling. It's horribly ticklish and sligthly nauseating to watch all these little feet nip at you! I made myself focus. focus! Joseph on the other hand -- the big wimp -- couldn't even do 1 full minute. I made it through 30! I do have to admit, though, that my feet have NEVER felt so smooth. Hmm, maybe I'll have to go again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
It's already here girl!! They have been in the news lately as the next best thing. I don't know though -- I can hardly go for a swim in a lake.
You are so brave! I'd have been a wus with Joseph :)
petronas towers are pretty impressive. huge! only seen pics though. dubai would be a cool visit for excessive amounts of ginourmous towers. i really enjoy seeing pics of your travels--wish i was there with you guys. happy late birthday, joseph. we'll NOT get a fish massage while you're here. Wus!
nathan
WOW! that is so interesting! I'd love to try that, but I think I'd be scared once my feet were being...er.. eaten. Sorry I've been such a bad friend and not written you in awhile! Hopefully we can catch up soon though!!
I love knowing that Joseph Mason had to experience this. I only wish I could've been there.
Good job Linds.
So I was reading the Harding News paper today and there was an article about a new spa in town that does the fish treatment! The guy who was writing was like "how did they come up with that". It was really funny and I knew something about it!!!!!!
Wow, how cool is that?? Maybe. I think I might try it but I would be freaked out a bit. I bet your feet do feel good though! :)
Ooh this is priceless,esp the expressions on your face. The pikkie of the fish hard at work made my laugh but also shudder- not sure how long I would have lasted. You must give me the address of this place - next time I am in KL I'll have to check it out.
Post a Comment