Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Munchkin's back

Well, we are back in the States for a while and man it feels good! We'd forgotten about all those little things that just feel so nice when you're in the States, like clothes right out of the drier! We've already had a few funny "I just got back to America after living overseas for a few years." Here's a couple of our funniest
(1) The first time I (Lindsey) got in the car to drive, I could NOT for the life of me remember which side of the road I was supposed to be in. In Asia it's left, but all I could remember was that there's something I was supposed to remember about "left." But I couldn't remember if it was "DON'T drive on the left" or "DO drive on the left." I panicked briefly while hugging the margin and then just thought "find another car and do what they're doing." Disaster averted. :) 
(2) While eating soup with my sister today, I noticed a small black speck floating in it. My immediate thought was "Oh, man, a bug is in my soup." Lori saw me begin playing with it, trying to fish it out and said "Linds, that's just a spice." When I explained that I'm used to finding ants floating in my food or baked into my food she laughed. 
(3) Anna, when getting her plate of food at a restaurant the other day asked me "Where's the rice?"
(4) In a teachable moment the other day with Anna, we were talking about something spiritual and the question came up "Anna, where does Jesus live?" She immediately responded "In America." :)

Here's a few pictures of Anna livin' it up with her Mimi!




No comments: