Monday, October 6, 2008

Now that's a blog-worthy event

Joseph and I were laying in bed the other night reading after a long day and we heard a sound above us in our roof. We both looked at on another and thought, "Agh, an animal is in our ceiling." The houses here have holes everywhere, so it's very easy for animals to make there way into ceiling/houses everywhere. We both listened.
"oh, not a rat, too heavy." 
"Not a giant lizard again. no claw sounds."
"Sounds like a cat."
"Yeah, probably a cat."
It continued to walk around and we heard it directly above our heads. The next sound I heard took me a moment to process what it was because I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing.
"tinkle, tinkle, tinkle." The sound of water running.
I sat up straight in bed.
"Jos! I think it's peeing right there!!"
Joseph jumped up super fast, standing on top of the bed, and with our mosquito racquet hit the top of the ceiling and we heard the little feline run away.
We both looked at each other wide eyed and immediately had the same thought. 
"I hope it doesn't leak through." 
Our ceiling, like most homes here, is composed of plywood that separates our bedroom from the attic above. We watched the ceiling for a few moments to make sure of no drippage and felt relieved to see no droplets or seepage forming.We sighed relief and went back to reading.
Just a few minutes later I felt a strange feeling on my ankle under the blankets. I felt it again and realized my whole ankle was wet. I looked up, and there right above us was a growing wet mark of wetness on our ply-wood ceiling with a steady drip, drip, drip of cat pee dropping on our bed. Because so much had already dropped on the bed and we were using a fan, it kept spraying all over the bed. Joseph and I looked at each other and with a sad little laugh said, "This is SO GROSS."
Our room immediately smelled of cat urine and Joseph ran to get a towel to try to stop the steady dripping and the growing wet spot.
I'm not sure if we were just both tired or in shock a bit over the cat pee dripping on our bed, but we couldn't stop laughing. A lot has happened to us while living here, but that was definitely a first. As we used towels to sop up the pee and changed the bedding, we looked at each other and at the same moment said, "Now that's a blog-worthy event."

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wow, that is definitely blog-worthy!
I'm so sorry it happened because it does sound really disgusting, but I'm glad you guys found the humor in it.
Down to single digits until we get to see each other!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm glad you guys could laugh - unbelievable that the ceiling is so thin and fragile. I have trouble laughing and I'm just reading it. NEXT WEEK!
Love you & yarping for you, Karen & Mike

Anonymous said...

This is so gross and so hilarious!!

How wonderful to see you guys this week...much love to you all!