Thursday, June 7, 2007

Anna Update

Hey All – I thought that with the new blog and all, I’d look at sending the ‘Anna updates’ this way so that everyone can see how she’s getting so big and becoming Li'l Miss Personality!
And for everyone who’s never seen 'Anna updates,' they’re written by Anna herself so that you can see her life through her eyes. Enjoy! Lindsey

Ballet or just really cool outfit?
- Last week my Aunt R bought me the coolest, purple-est, fluffy . . . thing . . .that I get to wear. Mommy calls it something like a too-too, but I don’t know what is, so I just call it my fun purple thing. I like to run up to our oven because I can see myself in it (it’s ok, I know I’m not allowed to touch the oven, ‘cause it’s ‘HOT’ or as I like to say it ‘hot-tuh’). Mommy says when I get a little bigger she’ll teach me some ballet steps, but I’m not sure it can get any better than just running around in it!

Cool new things
- When I was playing with Mikayla a few weeks ago she had this cool stuff that’s soft and kinda sticky and you can do lots of stuff with it. Dad called it Play-Doh and it is really fun to play with it. Mommy tries to get me to play with it in one place, but I prefer to run around with it and leave little pieces all over the floor – that way there’s always some to play with no matter what room I’m in! I think Mom just doesn’t want me to get it all over my clothes – she made an especially big deal when I was wearing these clothes (they're awfully pretty! Thanks Aunt Lori!)
- I also got some COOL new flip-flops – my first pair ever!! Thanks Mimi!! Mommy and Daddy got some new Reef flip-flops too, but mine are way cooler! I wear them everywhere, well except when I’m wearing Mommy’s shoes around. Hers are pretty cool too; I love how tall I feel when I wear hers around. But I have to be pretty careful, I could fall. But I’ve learned to just scoot them and I do just fine!

Potty Training for a Day
- Now I’m definitely a big girl because starting a couple months ago I could tell when I was going to the bathroom in my diaper and I would naturally say “uh oh” or “all done” when it was finished. But I was just letting everyone know, I don’t know why, but Mommy and Daddy got it into their heads that I’m ready to use the big potty that they use. But I am NOT ready, and I for sure let them know. Mommy really tried, though; she ready me stories, gave me snacks, and sang songs with me, but I just didn’t like that big potty, even though I do have a “Dora the Explorer” little potty top to put on it. O well, maybe I’ve got to get just a little bigger.

Love, Anna

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey!
I feel your pain with potty training! They will NOT do it until they are absolutely ready. Breck is doing #1 fine, but he refuses to do #2 in the potty. I found him hiding in my closet with poopy underwear the other day. Pretty much lost my temper on that one...pray for patience, you will need it. Don't rush it either, b/c potty training is defintely harder than changing a diaper.
I LOVED the purple tutu! I can't wait for Helen to have girly things like that! I love having a girl, it's like a blessing just for me after having a boy.
Sons and Lovers, huh? I think I'll try that one next. I try to alternate modern and classic works, and I'm up for a classic next. I have to finish the nonfiction murder mystery autobiography tell-all that I'm currently reading. I never have time to read anymore, but I have to make time for it for my own sanity. Some people don't need to read, but I'm not really living if I don't read.
Okay...Thanks for keeping up! We love you guys!
Kim

Brandi said...

Lindsey, I am a friend of Jon and Renae's and they directed me to your blog. I'm going to enjoy getting to know you guys from afar!

Unknown said...

I love the pics of anna, she is a cutie!

Lana said...

Lindsey, hey sis! I love seeing how big Anna is getting! She is so beautiful! Looks like you recieved a very nice care package - I love the flip flops! That's my kind of girl!
I'm doing well. God is so wonderful and He is making me stronger every day by allowing me to rest completely in Him and in His grace and timing. I have laid the desires of my heart down to Him and hold His promises tightly knowing that in His time He will grant them in abundance! Daniel and I will probably never happen but I am strong in the Lord and know that this time has not been wasted.
I love you so much sis. I think about you daily and yarp for you every morning (trying to be like mom and dad) :-)
Have a wonderful day!

Lana