Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Three Years!

Joseph and I celebrated our three year anniversary today - our first in SE Asia. I was excited to reach 3 years, but I didn't really feel like it would be all that different of a day. Days are very much the same day in day out, and because of the small size of our city, there's really nothing to do in the area of a nice dinner out, a movie, or entertainment. So I had kinda just thought, "we'll give each other a sweet note and that'll be it." Little did I know that Joseph had already been busy planning and our sweet friends here plans in mind as well. At 10:30 in the morning, I received a phone call from one of our western friends here who invited us over for a candle-lit dinner for two at their house where they would prepare dinner, serve us, and give us a date-night. Joseph had already contacted another set of western friends who were scheduled to babysit Anna starting at 5pm. Joseph has recently learned how to ride a motor bike and he planned an evening drive to watch the sun set in a few different scenic roads near our city. In a culture that frowns upon physical closeness/PDA in public places, this was the closest we could get: sitting together on a motor bike. After our candle-lit dinner, we went home and watched our wedding video! Anyway, the evening was fantastic - thanks to a little creativity from my precious husband and new friends!


I can hardly believe we've been married for three years already. When I think of everything that has happened in our lives from our wedding day to our 3 year celebration of our wedding day, I kind of just feel stunned. A pregnancy, a baby, moving to a new country, already moving 3 times in that new country involving two different islands, and who knows what will happen in this next year.

I'm glad God knows!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations you guys, and way to go, Joseph! LOVE the motorbike pic...Steven and I do that every time we go to Thailand; isn't it a blast? Love from ChinER...T

Anonymous said...

Hey Jos and Linds, That really sounded fun and enjoyable. Just as good as going to a restaurant, I'm sure. At first I thought you had bought a motorbike, so I was a little relieved. I know, I know, everybody there does it! Jos, you and Dad really outdid yourselves for us girls this year. Love you bunches, Mom/Karen

Amber said...

Joseph! I am so proud of you. Dude, you better start thinking about next year. I have a good idea if you need one.

We miss you guys so BIG.
I made my own blog in honor of your doing what everybody else does.

We love you!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary to our sort of anniversary buddies :). I think yours was more exciting than ours really. Your scenic drives looked just beautiful. Joseph, way to go. I'm impressed.
Ok, with you and Amber on here now, I'm going to have to be a better blog updater. I may steal a kid to photograph to put on mine.

Lana said...

Congrats Lindsey and Joseph on THREE YEARS! Wow! Has it really been three years since your wedding? Time goes by so fast.
Anyway, kudos Joseph on being the romantic husband and making it an anniversary Lindsey wouldn't forget!
I hope you both are doing well. I love that you are blogging. I'm always checking up on my friends on myspace and stuff so it will be nice to add you to my list of daily checkups. :)
Love ALL three of you so much. Tell miss Anna hi for me.
Lana
Linds - did mom and dad tell you they're moving out of the house in a month? Yea- crazy. :(