Thursday, August 16, 2007

O Happy Day

Can I just say that packages are the funnest thing ever!? When we lived in the States you take for granted that you get mail every day . . . you just walk to the mailbox and always there's something in it (albeit, mostly bills, but anyway). Well, yesterday was like our "6th mail day" this year, and we got an incredible package from our sweet friends the Kennedys who simply lavish their love on us through killer packages!

We are greately enjoying our Wheat Thins, granola bars, magazines, and Anna's having a ball with new sippy cups, giant Dora coloring book, and a Backyardigans video. One of the great things about living here is how you learn to live and be content with less but when things like "Package Day" come around every once in a great while, you have a really, really fun time opening it and savoring American goodness! :)

Although my husband is definately enjoying his Honey Bear (you can't get good honey here) way above and beyond everything else, I'd have to say that I'm enjoying most a great little CD that was sent to us called "Glory Revealed.' We love new worship music around here and this one is simply scripture put to music. The style is a lot like NickelCreek - how could you not love a CD where there's a mandolin played in every song? Big fan of the David Crowder Shane & Shane duet. LOVE IT!
Thanks Kennedys!!!

2 comments:

Marc and Charity said...

Wow, cool friends! :) And we recently got Glory Revealed...oh my! Got some grooving going on over here, it's awesome!

Ashley said...

Glad you enjoyed it. I'll pass it along to them. I hope the Backyardigans theme song doesn't play over and over in your head for the next year like it does mine...